Senior Pictures: A Note to Parents
Your Child’s Senior Picture Session
Senior picture sessions can be such fun! It’s wonderful to be a part of that fun and see the pictures as they happen. I would really like to encourage parents, if they possibly can, to go with their child when they have senior pictures taken. Sometimes parents worry about intruding or making their child nervous. But, over many years of taking senior pictures, I’ve found that almost all seniors truly enjoy having a parent at their session. I always extend a welcome to parents because it’s such a great experience to share with their child.
In fact, parents can make a difference at every stage of the senior picture process. Here are a few helpful suggestions.
- At the time you book your child’s session, share any information about your child that might help the photographer as they begin photographing. Things such as extreme shyness, or if the senior has physical features about which they are self-conscious can be helpful to know before the session. Also, details about interests and activities are much appreciated.
- Another area in which seniors benefit from parents’ assistance is in preparing for their session. Many seniors need help with organizing clothing, making certain that garments are clean and wrinkle free. Also, pre-checking each outfit for all the necessary pieces such as undergarments and shoes will get the session off to a smooth start.
- If your child plans to bring pets, props, horses, vehicles, musical instruments, etc. to their session, having you there to assist can be very helpful. Bringing things that are meaningful to a senior can make for fantastic and unique pictures! However, having a parent there to help reduces the time spent with logistics and can allow us to be continuously photographing throughout the session.
- At the beginning of the session, the photographer will be studying the senior’s face, finding the most flattering angles and learning their expressions. The senior will be finding their comfort zone with moving and posing. It can take a little warm up for the photographer and the senior to get into sync with each other. That’s normal. Having a parent there can help seniors relax and become comfortable more quickly.
- Making positive comments during a session is always great and can be very encouraging to your child. As she is photographing, a photographer will most likely ask for many small variations on each pose. Sometimes she is simply capturing different angles and crops. Other times she is asking for minor adjustments that keep improving the shot. It’s just a natural part of the process. When the shot falls into place, you immediately get to see it happen! That’s a big part of the fun!
If you would like even more information about our Photonuvo senior picture experience, please feel free to call the studio at 509-962-9404. We would love to answer any questions you might have.
Thank you Linda for a great senior picture experience for our Norwegian daughter! We had so much fun during the shoot. Your locations were very creative. The difficult part was choosing from so many great pictures. Thank you Judy for being so patient with us as we made our selections. You both made this a very fun and memorable time! These pictures will be treasured for years to come.
I shot my senior pictures with Linda and I had so much fun! I usually resent being in front of the camera but she made it an comfortable and relaxed experience! This is the first time I've taken pictures with a professional photographer and I loved how the pictures turned out. She really made sure everything in the picture was perfect which I, as a picky person really appreciate. I would recommend Photonuvo to anyone who wants polished pictures and a good experience at the shoot.
We have had 3 sets of photos taken by Linda and they have all been amazing. Each time she captured exactly what my daughter was wanting in her photos. Linda found some amazing backgrounds both in the studio and outside that really complimented the outfits Amber had chosen for her senior photos. Linda and Judy are so great to work with. When you sit down with Judy to look over the senior photos it will take your breath away. Linda has such a talent and is very passionate about her pictures and helping you capture exactly what you want. Thank you Linda and Judy :)
So very happy with the service Photo Nuvo provided to my family. Not only did my daughter get to participate in a Senior model shoot, we also got her Senior pictures done at Photo Nuvo, and her photo cards for her graduation announcements. We were able to find the perfect package that worked for us and our needs. It was a really fun day shooting with Linda and Judy, they really know their stuff! It was SO hard to choose when it came time to look at all the proofs, we had 89 amazing shots to go through and choose our favorites! I highly recommend choosing Photo Nuvo for any of your Photography needs!
Had an amazing and hilarious time with Linda and Judy! Such amazing ladies who are great conversationalists, make you feel very comfortable and cute, and best of all, they know what they're doing! Our family pictures and my senior photos turned out beautiful, I couldn't be happier! Thank you!
I loved doing my senior session with Photonuvo. It was a great experience and I got some very high quality photos out of it. The ladies really make sure that your personality is seen in the photos so nothing feels uncomfortable or staged about the images. I would highly recommend doing any photos through them, they are so kind and just an amazing staff!
Photonuvo Photography Studio is Stephen Fry proof thanks to caching by WP Super Cache